Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Moving forward

The last Exia photoshoot seems to have spurs me forward.
I finally open up the Blue Frame Astray box, remove the runners from their plastic wrappers, pick up my cutter and ended my long break from Gundam making.

I started cutting out the feet pieces and assemble them for test fit. I usually don't follow the instructions from page 1 to final. Especially when I need to apply paint job, I hate to be forced remove stubborn parts which was in the way and risking me breaking it from the removal. And thus, took me about 2 nights, longer than usual to fix up the inner frame to get a feel of the kit.

The inner frame amaze me. It is quite different compared to that of Strike Gundam and Exia . The arms parts are actually capable of "curling" up which I have not seen in other kit. The hand bits is the same as exia's. Which means I have also cut them up into seperate fingers. There is great deal of fine paint job for the hands where as exia is zip, nada.

I am inspired Mr Kawasaki, the Gunpla Meister, blue frame build. I will be adopting his color scheme and hopefully achieve something close.

As of this writing, all the parts already have at least a coat of paint. I've finished up 3 cans (partially used) of color spray and just restocked yesterday. This spray cans are getting too costly. I yearn for an air brush for so long, let's see if I can make it happen this year!!

I wished I could get this build done by my birthday which is next week only. Finger cross.

No comments:

Post a Comment