Sunday, July 25, 2010

Starting 2010 First Gundam Project ! - Master Grade : Exia Trans AM mode

I am finally starting my 2010 Gundam Project .
Gundam Exia - TransAM mode from the Mobile Suit Gundam 00 animation series.



Trans AM mode is a color variant from the original blue and white color scheme of the mecha.
It is to reflect the "hyper" mode in the animation series where the mech glows pinkish red.

Since all parts are pre-colored, I should be able to finish it in no time right ?
Wrong ! There is still the problem of the dreaded nip marks !
As I am not going to use the surfacer and paint technique to cover the marks up , I will have to research and try out new methods to get rid of them . Delays to be expected.

This is also my first Gundam kit with LEDs. The 2 LED units require 4 LR41 batteries not included in the kit.
They are part of the "GN drive" which is installed in the mecha's chest area.

I have also setup the "celestial being" display base which I bought in Japan.

The urge to complete this kit in the rush is as much as the urge to make it perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment