Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Painting HG Wing 0 custom - Phase 01


It has been 9 years .
I have put it together out of the box for a long while . Didn't get to really paint it , till now .
After my 2 "successfully" painting with my SD 30th Anniversary RX-78 and Exia , I finally decide to get on with Wing 0.
Wing 0 has simple colour requirement : mainly white , classic Gundam blue and red , some gold linings , gun metal for metallic parts such as trusters and shoulder gattling guns .
Blue and Red spraying went well . For the red parts , I have applied the surfacer first , then on with the red paint (spray can). For the blue parts, I didn't applied the surfacer . Red parts are great . For the blue parts , it is not as bright n light as I thought it will be . This is probably because the base is already blue n the base colour some what affected the sprayed colour layer .
The white parts I actually tried to brush on the white surfacer .
It was quite disastrous.
The effect is no where near the sprayed surfacer .
I should get the white surfacer spray can and try over .
For the grey parts , I want to achieve the chrome metal effect .
Looks like another trip to the hobby shop soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment